KL SUPERCAR DRAG RACE 2016 is an initiative from Biro Hal Ehwal Bandar & Perumahan, Pergerakan Pemuda UMNO Malaysia together with support from Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL). It is an idea conceived by the Minister of The Federal Territories, YBM Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor, during the launching of the SBS Motoring Club last February 2016.
KL SUPERCAR DRAG RACE 2016 aims to educate and invoke interest in the city youths for “Super Cars” so they will not easily be influenced by the negative aspects & cultures of motorsport racing.
KL SUPERCAR DRAG RACE 2016 involves the support and cooperation from The Ministry of The Federal Territories, Kuala Lumpur City Hall, Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Communication & Multimedia, PDRM, JPJ, JKJR, Pemimpin Masyarakat, NGOs and related Government Agencies.
KL SUPERCAR DRAG RACE 2016 are targeted to attract participation from foreign motorsport racers, in addition to local fans from all races of the sport.
- To be one of the many positive activities for the younger generation in the city.
- To create a platform for the young generation who are interested in, or passionate about, the motor-racing industry.
- To attract the interest of youths and allow them to be exposed to automotive education.
- To increase the safety awareness not only in the sport of racing but also on the handling and maintenance of cars.
- To be the ears for the young generation regarding various societal and racial issues in the country.
- To reduce the publics’ negative perception towards fans of motor-racing.
- To be one of the platforms to attract more tourists to the capital city of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, especially participants from neighbouring countries like Thailand & Singapore.
- To create more business opportunities and give rise to more young entrepreneurs in the country’s automotive industry.
- To make the sport of racing to be not just a hobby, but one which a professional or business career can be built upon.